Resources for Teaching:
Biology4kids.com - Good for research and simplified explanations, has all subjects, even some math games, probably have to navigate through it a few times to figure out how best to use in class.
- Website for news articles and on this one there is the ability to change the lexile level so you can differentiate between reading groups. Great for partner reading activities and whole group discussions on same topic.
- Science and social studies articles of all kinds searchable by subject or lexile level. You can also change the lexile level of an article.
- Biology, microbiology, immunology - all sorts or interesting puzzles and games and things but you may need to explore site before use with class.
The Why? Files
- Current events science news - “The science behind the news”
- Create or use others collections of multimedia resources (videos, websites, interactive sites) to support learning in a content area.
- Over 3 million students, teachers and parents are using this free math game for Grades 1-8
Kahoot It! - A kahoot is a collection of specific topics. Created by teachers, students, business-people and social users, they are asked in real-time, creating a game-like learning environment.
Apps for Classroom Management:
SocrativeTeacher - Educators can initiate formative assessments through quizzes, quick question polls, exit tickets and space races.
- Easily engage students and keep parents in the loop.
- The best app to quiet your classroom.
- Timers include: Countdown, Stop Watch, Turn Timer, Seconds Up, Seconds Down, and Interval Timer.
- Easy-to-use yet extremely effective app for boosting student engagement during lessons and discussions.
- Create a seating chart, record attendance, log behavior, and track grades all with few taps.
Stick Pick - Stick Pick is a handy tool for any teacher device and can guide classroom discussion in really helpful ways.