According to the Illinois School Code, all students attending Mount Prospect School District 57 must be legal residents of the school district. In the event of separation or divorce, court documentation declaring the student’s residence to be the address of the guardian or custodial parent must be presented.
- Parent/guardian must visit school to prove residency by completing the Residency Verification Form and submitting the following required documentation to the school office.
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO BRING TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE:
STUDENT INFORMATION (PROVIDE ONE PER STUDENT)
- Birth Certificate (original) or Passport
PROVIDE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Lease document
- Mortgage document
- Tax bill and proof of payment
- Letter of Residence Form 7:60AP2 (need one of following three):
PROVIDE TWO CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF TWO BILLS OF THE FOLLOWING *total of 4 bills*:
2. Upon approval, Snapcode issued for access to online registration.
- Gas bill (Current and previous month)
- Electric bill (Current and previous month)
- Water bill (Current and previous month)
- Telephone bill (Current and previous month)
- Cable bill (current and previous month)
- Credit card bill (current and previous month)
- Other bill (current and previous month)
3. Parent/guardian completes online registration and pays registration fees.
If, at any time, a student’s residence is in question, the District will investigate. The District may ask for additional documents for verification. If a student is not living within the District boundaries full time or if a student’s living arrangements do not agree with statements provided by a parent/guardian, the student will be excluded from attending schools in Mount Prospect School District 57.